Hi everyone. I hoped I would have lots of time to blog on this holiday but so far I havn'et done too well because the computer here is rather slow and affected by the stormy weather and we keep going and doing interesting things. I have a theory that the more interesting my life is, the less bloggable it is.
I am also concerned that i have lost some of my friends. I have changed email, phone, postal address, and blog all at the same time, plus I am about to move to another country. My mobile doens't work at the moment but at least the number is the same. Plus I am contemplating changing to Wordpress so I will have to inform everyone all over again and my address book is on my Mac which is stranded unconnected to the Internet in Moorhensroad. When James is away, the web stuff goes to pot. (What does 'go to pot' mean, I wonder?) I am not concerned about the chaps I see all the time or the internet savvy ones but the far distant ones who are still Very Importnat and read my blog but never leave comments. Sophie, are you there? Caroline? I really don't want to lose you. Hilary, have you found me? Snaap Dragon? please copy.
I am hopeless at bloggin about travelling. My amazing holiday in Zambia filled 2 paragraphs. It's going to be the same with this holiday; I can see it coming. I've been to Hong Kong, for God's sake. And Sydney. Why do I only write about satisfactoriness and shoes and my friends' eccentricities and nearly extinct animals? Why is my blog, to quote Cassandra Trelawney, so relentlessly mundane?
Why can't I write cool posts about gigs i've seen? Or discuss the whys and wherefores of computer programming or other subject about which I'm well informed? (I suppose, very occasionally I write about archives, but it's not exactly a regular feature and I"m not very well informed about anything else) Why can't I write inspiring book reviews that make my readers actually want to go and buy the books? Why is the subject matter so limited? Why can't I write sincere posts about my emotional traumas or my views on world events? Or witty posts about my daily life which attract a cult following of fans?
The answers to these whinging questions are as follows:
1: I don't go to very many gigs and mostly they are classicla concerts which would not be interesting to most of my readers.
2: I am not well informed about any subject in particular
3: I hate writing book reviews. it's so hard not to sound pretentious
4: I never feel sincere when I'm blogging.
5: While I occasionally approach writing witty posts about daily life, the idea that these might be read by anyone who doens't know me already makes me feel rather insecure/horrified
6: I woudl hate to be a cult and winning awards for blogging makes about as much sense as awarding medals for ice skating, my favourite Olypmic sport. It's so silly.
Oh dear, it's rainign again. I wonder if the Internet will cut out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yes, I am !
(Something for you to look forward to when you visit us : you will be able to watch Singin'in the rain with the kids, they're great fans)
hurray! would love to watch SitR with them.
Post a Comment