Good morning, everyone. It is 6.00 in the morning. I know that insomniacs and people with children think nothing of getting up at 6am but in the World of Marv, there is only one place to be at 6 am - bed.
But the forces of Aussie jetlag are too strong for me and sleep's loss is blogging's gain.
As usual, I feel I have absolutely nothing to write about. It's rather cold here in the study at my parents' house.
Well I am back from Australia and we survived the flight. Here are some random, tedious, and not very profound thoughts about Australia drawn from my observations and from Bill Bryson's book:
1 Australia is very friendly and people treat each other like equals. Unlike at home.
2 Going swimming in Australia is very pleasant because the water is warm and the sun shines on you. I like going swimming in the British Isles too, but I expect to be chilled to the bone as soon as I get in the water. Once I have lost all feeling in my flesh, it becomes very enjoyable.
3 The cities have lots of Victorian architecture.
4 While we were walking through Brisbane in the scorching heat, we admired the Christmas decorations, which included a large blue plastic snowflake.
5 The fruit and veg is very good quality and cheap.
6 They are just about to have an election. Australia might build its first nuclear power station.
7 Their museums are very good.
8 I saw kangaroos several times. It has taken 3 trips to Australia to see kangaroos.
9 Australians do not say 'Don't come the raw prawn'. Someone in the 1950s might have said this but it isn't said any more. They do call women 'Sheilas' and people still say 'fair dinkum' fairly often.
Bill Bryson has no rivals here. I'm going back to bed because it's cold.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment