I love reading Jez's posts about computing. Here's a phrase from one of themkernel strangeness

Kernel strangeness! What a great phrase! I wonder what it means. (There's no need to explain, Jez or anyone else). The reality will be very dull. Perhaps it's like when you bite into the centre of an apple and find yourself in the middle of the Hare Annual Autumn Ball in Moorhensroad listening to the entertainment: a singer doing a medley of covers, changing into a different, very homemade looking costume for each number. So Robbie Williams is a long black coat and a scowl; Elvis is, obviously the white suit made out of shiny polyester; and Cher is a cheap shiny dress from a charity shop and an absurdly large black wig. A member of the audience is roped in to wear a ginger wig and dance like Riverdance after the Bono impression. The wig is then passed round the room to general hilarity.

I know you shouldn't use alcohol to manage your emotions but in this situation it really was the only answer. A few glasses of wine made things seem very enjoyable and normal.

1 comment:

Tone said...

Think I'd rather read one of Jez's computer posts.