Little Brother gave me a lift from Isengard to Moorhensroad this evening. Before we left, we both did the following Clever Things:
Little Brother announced that he had turned off the oven and the hob, thereby saving himself from a weekend of unease;
I remembered to take my sponge bag with me instead of leaving it in the bathroom;
Little Brother bought some bread and milk because the parents have been away and there is no food at Moorhensroad;
I bought ingredients for a cake at lunchtime;
Little Brother hung the washing out and left food for the cat;
H left me the book she has been meaning to lend me;
I returned Little Brother's CD player (looking rather kitsch in these days of Ipods)...
and even more cleverly, remembered to take my headphones out of it and plug them back into my Ipod;
I switched off the power on the TV.
It would have been Clever to listen to the travel news before we left, but we didn't do that. Fortunately luck was on our side and the traffic was fine.
I'd better stop before I show off any more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment