I am going to be in Birmingham for a week doing some work at Sandwell Archives. I will be in touch if the job isn't too bad. I don't think it will be too bad. I have spent my teaching pay already on frivolous things, using the logic that I suffered so much to earn it that I might as well make the most of it.

Here is a list of some of the things I bought:

A frivolous red dress that I didn't need, egged on by my mother;
A round of drinks for Annie, me, and James;
Fish and chips. Lovely haddock;
A ticket for the film Wall-E, which I found very dull;
Drinks in the Rabbit
A bottle of wine and a pudding
Bus fare from town instead of walking
A very flattering pair of jeans (size 12)
Winnie the Pooh and a peep-o book, presents for the Poggle

Actually this all sounds quite humble.

I hope that James will come back soon. In the next few weeks.

No comments: