ordered the latest collected edition for me for Christmas, which gave
rise to the following conversation.
"I talked to that Gary Spencer Millidge. He said he'd read my cartoons."
"Oh."
"I said my wife was his biggest fan and she might read my stuff with
more interest now she knows I've been in touch with him."
"Oh. Sorry. I like his cartoons better than yours."
2 comments:
Nige gave me his entire Strangehaven collection recently (including postcards and Christmas cards), and I like it very much, apart from Mr Millidge's penchant for man mullets and ponytails. Tis the village that fashion forgot as well as time. Shame there's no sign of #19, maybe one of these years...
Ha ha. Yes, the haircuts are truly dreadful. Perhaps the Knights of the Golden Light will send some heavies round to give all the chaps a short back and sides. Might win them a few fans in the village.
Post a Comment