I do apologise for the recent lack of blogging and for the disappointment that this will cause my (ahem) many readers.

(Please read the last sentence with the sincerity and emphasis of a Train Manager on our fantastic railway network)

Let me explain.

My brain has been invaded by Farmville on facebook. Oh dear, it's terrible. I am on level 9 (1300 points). I am, obviously, far behind Jonathan (oldest friend from Moorhensroad, brain like planet) and his wife Sam (quiz champion, brain of similar size and power).

I do believe that blogging is a worthwhile activity and that buying virtual pigs and topiary horses on facebook is a waste of time. Before facebook, several of my friends were writing blogs of wit, inspiration, and genius. (Please do not read this sentence with the sincerity and emphasis of a Train Manager on our fantastic railway network). After facebook, they wrote boring status updates and filled in meaningless quizzes.


And now I've fallen into the same trap.

I even used my rudimentary and withered maths to work out that it's better to buy 30 fences than to buy a spooky tree and a smaller number of fences. I am spending hours on this game. It's terrible. But it's compelling and fun and just when I decide that I really must stop and do something that suggests that I have a life, I get the chance to send my friends topiary horses or avocado trees.

I have the slight excuse that Jonathan is doing it as well and I am playing it out of friendship, but the real truth is that I am a bit obsessed.

I will probably stop when I get to level 20.

No comments: