I am attempting a new healthy eating plan. It is called The Food Doctor Ultimate Diet.
You eat lots of small healthy meals regularly, and replace some carbs with vegetables. You avoid refined foods and sugar. You eat lots of fruit and seeds.
Usually I don't try things like this because I will fail. (sometimes, I am just too good at summarising things...)
I have just completed day 2 of said plan. The food is very nice. Tonight, we had roasted asparagus with haloumi and a crunchy crust made of seeds, rye bread, garlic, and orange zest. It was all right and not too hard to make.
I'm very hungry now though. You are supposed to save part of the meal to eat as a late night snack, but I didn't think 8 asparagus spears each was really enough, even with the cheese and crumb.
You take healthy snacks to work. This involves carrying a rucksack containing a thermos of soup, some houmous and oatcakes (the Food Doctor is very keen on oatcakes), and a homemade smoothie made of nut or soya milk, fruit, and ideally some seeds. I don't really like seeds.
(Apologies for the dullness of this post, but you must be used to it by now.)
So far it hasn't been too bad. Instead of wandering around trying to find something for lunch that is not a baked potato with cheese or a sandwich filled with mayonnaise, I can sit in the staff room and eat soup with bread.
James likes the food, although he did eat a large slice of bread after dinner, which breaks the Food Doctor's rules. Rebel.
I will keep you posted about this, even though it's dull.
James has several pairs of comfortable shoes at the moment.
I'm going to have some bread and honey now. It can't be wrong to eat when you feel hungry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment