I have just been on holiday with a group of friends to a villa in Croatia. I had a lovely time doing nothing apart from swimming in the sea, eating, and reading books. Not very improving books, either.
"I'm glad you're here," said the Dutch Squeeze, "You'll calm us down. You're like a steer amongst bulls." I think this was a compliment, albeit a rather honest compliment.
I was pleased to discover that the house had a copy of the fourth book in the Twilight series. I have spent money on the first three rather grudgingly. But, 500 pages in, I noticed that the last section of the book was missing, so I will have to get a cheapo copy on Amazon.
Now I am at home again, or what passes for home. I bought some flowers and put them in a vase (well, large cafetiere - we haven't got a large vase since we are no longer bourgeois) so that it seems more like a home. I guess we are bourgeois bohemian, like in France. I don't really care what we are; I just want to walk down the street without bumping into lampposts.
James has written a diary full of his thoughts about cartoons and life. (Notice the order there - it's significant) I think it's hilarious. He is going to put it online somewhere so I will link to it when he does. He thought he had a breakthrough - the answer is to draw characters with larger heads. Now he has decided that that was not the answer so he had to make the heads smaller again. Cartoons are about the style of the drawings, finding a drawing style that suits the subject matter.
Gosh it's nice to be in a place without creeping insects biting you all the time and infesting your food.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment