Provenance

I believe in provenance. I think it's a very useful, elegant, and simple idea: records created by the same source should be kept together and not interfiled with records from other sources.

But I am not very good at explaining why it's so useful. Poor James and Pete tried to listen to my ramblings on the subject the other week but they didn't really make much sense.

Here's a post about it from the Archives Hub blog.

Here's another lot of definitions.

That's enough about provenance to make most of my readers fall asleep. Sleep well, little kakapo chicks.

I watched Jonathan Ross's return to our fair screens last week. Not only did he have the marvellous Stephen Fry, but he had the marvellous Stephen Fry talking about kakapos. Truly my cup runneth over.

James has buggered off to Angou for a week and a half.

I have a new follower on Twitter whom I haven't met. Hmm.

No comments: