I am a big fan of Gary Spencer Millidge's Strangehaven. I have discovered that he has a blog. While looking at this in the vain hope that he has published the next issue (he hasn't and doesn't know when he'll be able to due to the need to earn money - can't someone somewhere pay him to draw fulltime?), I noticed this comment comparing the San Diego Comics Convention with the Festival in Angouleme, which I halfheartedly went to in January:

So, would I recommend San Diego as a destination event? Absolutely yes. Apart from being one of those events any self-respecting (and financially solvent) comic fan simply must attend at least once in their lives (like Angoulême) it really is a beautiful, sunny and fun-packed city (not at all like Angoulême).

Probably I wouldn't like San Diego either. But that's because I'm not really a comics fan.

No comments: