I got paid today. It is the hardest money I have ever earned.
This has puzzled me for many years: what are the past forms of the verb 'to dream'? It's 'I have dreamed and I dreamt', but not 'I have dreamt', isn't it? And I've never been quite sure how to spell 'dreamt'. Of such delights is my life made.
Here is a link. My stupid browser doesn't show the useful little icons that you press to turn it into a proper link and I don't know the html, or even, in fact, if it is called html. I like to post things like this for the benefit of my technologically knowledgeable readers, to give them an insight into the thought patterns of the IT-illiterate. Probably you can't have an insight into a pattern, but I will stick with this mixed metaphor.
http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/irregular-verbs/dream.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment