I am not a quitter

Well, in my view, this attitude gets you so far.

I did not leave the job where I spent 3 months cataloguing insurance records on a basement in Colchester.

I did not leave the job in which my manager was a madwoman and I needed the money to pay for my wedding.

I did not leave the job where I worked with a madwoman and the project I was assigned to do was impossible. I managed to pretend it wasn't. And everyone believed the final report in which I pretended there was a way forward when i ddint' think there was.

I did not leave the job where all my colleagues were complete miseries and once didn't say 'Good morning' when I walked into the office and said 'Good morning' to them.

I did not leave the job where one of my colleagues did no work for a year.

A while ago, Mr Metadata and the Dutch Squeeze congratulated me on my record of sticking to impossible projects against the odds.

So, this time, just for once, it is different. Teaching teenagers a subject in which I have little or no interest for minimal pay over vast numbers of hours is yet another crap job, and this time, I left.

Choose life, kids.

2 comments:

Dave Shelton said...

Good for you, Marv!

Anonymous said...

you are a failure