Here I am sitting in yet another friend's house that I don't really live in. I am still trying to work out what I want to do. The latest - and most bizarre - job offer I have had recently is to catalogue the archive of a very famous fashion designer, an offer that everyone I have told so far has found really hilarious. I wish I could blog about it but I can't becuase it's unprofessional.

It has been very hot.

I am trying to work out whether I want to have a job that has anything to do with heritage. On the one hand, it would pay more to work in heritage since I know about it and I have lots of experience. On the other, I am really tired of the stress of working in heritage, dealing with the work culture and the stress; we are all trying to do too much with too little time, money, and training. I am about to do a month's teaching. James is coming to visit on Saturday for a week. We will be in Brum on Friday afternoon/Saturday if any Midlands fans wish to pay homage to the mighty French cartoonist. James is doing very well and has lots of Achivements to report. It's a shame he doesn't blog about them using his curmudgeonly robot persona, but his schedule is too packed for such frivolities. At long last he is actually drawing cartoons again, which, although the point of the move to France, has taken about eight months to achieve.

It is so hard to work out what to do. I felt a bit sad about it today. It's no good saying I need to make up my mind because my mind doesn't work like that. I have to wait till my mind decides for itself. I wish it would get on with it. I wish I hadn't given up on the idea of having a career. No doubt I will stumble upon the right thing eventually but I wish the moment of stumblage would come sooner rather than later.

Annie is very keen for me to go running with her. So yesterday saw us running up and down the hill in the park like idiots. I trod in some dog pooh and was very distressed about it. Having lived in Angouleme for 4 months, which is the most dog pooh ridden place I have even seen, and not trod in it once, no mean achievement, let me tell you, it was very disappointing to tread in pooh in Bristol, a place that seems moderately clean. Annie wants me to do a 2 2/1 mile run round the docks. So I may be troubling you all for sponsor money again. This time the good cause is the British Heart Foundation.

Annie has just told me about someone she works with whose job is to organize motorcycling PR events, the main one being the Barry Sheen Memorial Race.

No comments: