miz when he discovered that the gas in our flat has been turned off
because there are roadworks outside. This means that we can't cook,
have showers, or turn on the heating until tomorrow.
So we went out and had a curry at the Thai place in town, which cheered
us up. Yum. One of the best samosas I have ever had.
Then we walked back home.
" I think I'll go to bed when I get back," said James.
"You can lie there and feel sad," I suggested.
"No," he said, "I'll feel happy."
"No, you won't," I argued, "You'll feel sad. You'll lie there and whimper."
"I won't, " he insisted, "I'll cheer."
Shortly afterwards I heard a muffled cheer from the bedroom. I went in
to enquire as to the cause. James was lying in bed reading a tome about
Alfred Hitchcock, looking very pleased with himself. We both cheered
some more and then I left him in peace.
1 comment:
Get well soon, James.
Post a Comment