I am trying to teach myself Wordpress, but I am falling at the first fence: finding the blog I set up.
My brain is resisting. "What is the point of learning how to blog on Wordpress when you already know how to use blogger?" it asks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think Wordpress offers more flexibility than Blogger: it can be used as a blogging tool, but it can also be used as something closer to a more general-purpose "content management system". I'm sure there are limitations and there are tasks for which it wouldn't be appropriate, but there are lots of simple Web sites which don't really look like "blogs" that are based on Wordpress.
The other factor is that while Wordpress is available "as a service" at wordpress.com (in much the same way as Blogger), it's also available as open source software. So you can install a copy of it on your server, or your organisation's server, or on the server space you rent from a hosting company, and then run your blog/WP-based Web site independently of wordpress.com. Doing that also gives you access to a lot more options to customise it than are available on the wordpress.com service, but it also means you have to take care of keeping it up to date (installing new versions etc) - though some hosting services provide tools which help with that.
I am amazed! A comment!
Truly you are one of my most dedicated readers.
Post a Comment