I haven't blogged about my cheese on toast eating habits for a while, so here's a few cheese on toast thoughts.
Our current grill is unsatisfactory because one side cooks faster than the other. The symbols on the dials are confusing and you have to set a temperature for the grill. When I was growing up, the oven had temperatures that you had to think about and the grill had a series of numbers. Now you have to think about temperatures when grilling things instead of thinking whether you want not very hot, quite hot, or hot. Some people would consider this an improvement, but not me. (A digression: I think technology has become too complicated. Before you can make a phone call or take a photograph, you have to teach yourself how to use the - supposedly intuitive - gadget. It's not that I am unwilling to learn, but I don't want to teach myself how to do stuff I knew how to do ten years ago.)
The right hand side of the grill has produced a very nice piece of cheese on toast, so goodlooking that I would take a picture and upload it if I owned a digital camera. Sadly our crappy digital camera was dropped on the floor some time ago. It still works, but the lens is broken, so no more photography for us. Although we aspire to be good at several art forms, photography has never been one of them.
The cheese on toast is not that great really: the bread is too spongy and it needs a stronger cheese. Double Gloucester does not cut the mustard. There is no Cheddar in the house at the moment, a sad state of affairs.
Well, that's all for now. If you are suffering from writer's block, try writing about cheese on toast. At least it will get you started.
I do love cheese on toast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment